Fundraising and Development Manager
We’re looking for a fundraising professional to work closely with GCCS leadership and the Board of Trustees to ensure the school has the resources needed to continue offering quality education and enrichment programming to this community for the long-term. This position will play a key role in the development and execution of short and long-term fundraising strategies, with a lot of growth potential.
- Work closely with the COO and Board members on overall fundraising strategy, generating timelines and project management systems, and collaborate with the team to complete all development-related tasks.
- Oversee donor development, solicitation & acknowledgement; Candidate should have experience securing individual gifts and donations/sponsorships via events.
- Organize and oversee fundraising event planning and coordination.
- Researches grants in the education and youth development sectors and presents opportunities to school leadership and the Board of Trustees.
- Coordinate grant applications and reports, including collating information needed for the application or report, writing first drafts, editing final drafts, preparing budgets and other attachments and submitting all necessary information. Research new potential funding sources.
- Collaborate with staff to create marketing materials such as the annual report, newsletters, etc.
Qualification, Skills, and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or similar field
- 5+ years work experience in a combination of grant writing, fundraising, AND marketing
- 2+ years of experience implementing non-profit marketing campaigns
- Experience coordinating special events for an employer
- Strong project management skills
- Extremely organized, reliable, and responsible
- Self-starter and collaborator
- Strong MS Office Skills
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
GLOBAL COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL is firmly committed to equal employment opportunity. The School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices for all qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability (including AIDS), marital status, military status, citizenship status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Employment decisions at the GLOBAL COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL will be made in a non-discriminatory manner and are based on qualifications, abilities, and merit. This policy governs all aspects of employment at this School including recruitment, hiring, assignments, training, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, compensation, employee benefits, discipline, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to:
Be sure to include the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject of the email. No telephone inquiries please. GCCS is committed to diversity and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates in this search. GCCS is an EEO.