Summer School Staff
Focused on math and literacy, the summer program for students’ grades 3-5 provides a full day of academic and club-based enrichment activities designed to help students maintain academic skills through the summer months. Students must be recommended by a teacher to be eligible for participation.
- Collaborating with co-leaders to facilitate lesson plans that focus on helping students improve knowledge and skills in math and reading;
- Serving as an assistant to the teacher, helping to implement daily reading activities in an innovative literacy and math program;
- Coordinating and organizing activities for the participants;
- Leading recreational activities and serving as the chaperon for off-site enrichment field trips;
- Supervising and managing team and individual behavior at all times using positive discipline techniques and pro-active interventions to ensure the physical and emotional safety of all youth;
- Participating in training and professional development meetings.
The summer season commitment is from July 10th – August 11th, 2017.
Program hours are generally Monday – Friday from 8:00 am-4:30 pm.
Qualification, Skills, and Knowledge Requirements
- College-level current student or college graduate;
- Experience working with groups of children;
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative while carrying out the essential duties;
- Motivation and commitment to the summer enrichment program
- Availability for the entire program duration
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
GLOBAL COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL is firmly committed to equal employment opportunity. The School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices for all qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability (including AIDS), marital status, military status, citizenship status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Employment decisions at the GLOBAL COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL will be made in a non-discriminatory manner and are based on qualifications, abilities, and merit. This policy governs all aspects of employment at this School including recruitment, hiring, assignments, training, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, compensation, employee benefits, discipline, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to:
Be sure to include the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject of the email. No telephone inquiries please. GCCS is committed to diversity and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates in this search. GCCS is an EEO.