Summer Afternoon Club Leader
Afternoon clubs are designed as a time for youth to have fun, explore new activities and build community. The club leaders who run these activities are fun and creative youth professionals who know how to build relationships and keep youth engaged. We are seeking educators who can facilitate their specialty in a way that will spark all students to participate and enjoy the afternoon. Clubs may include (but are not limited to): Cooking, Fine Arts, PE Games, Dance, STEM, Step, Improv etc.
- Facilitate three, one hour sessions daily, Monday – Thursday from 1:00-4:00 pm.
- Sessions must be differentiated to accommodate groups of rising 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students for 5 weeks of programming
- Lead sessions for groups of 20 youth and manage all materials
- Ensure all students are engaged, feel included and are having fun!
Qualification, Skills, and Knowledge Requirements
- Experience leading groups of students, preferably in an after school or summer setting
- Commitment to positive youth development principals
- Experience working with public school youth
- Ability to direct program group aides to help run activities
- Flexibility and ability to adapt when plans change or to work in unconventional spaces
- Strong behavior management skills
- Current or previous college experience preferred
- Availability for the entire program duration
The summer season commitment is from July 10th-August 11th, 2017. Club Leaders must be available for an TBD Orientation session.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
GLOBAL COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL is firmly committed to equal employment opportunity. The School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices for all qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability (including AIDS), marital status, military status, citizenship status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Employment decisions at the GLOBAL COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL will be made in a non-discriminatory manner and are based on qualifications, abilities, and merit. This policy governs all aspects of employment at this School including recruitment, hiring, assignments, training, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, compensation, employee benefits, discipline, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to:
Be sure to include the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject of the email. No telephone inquiries please. GCCS is committed to diversity and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates in this search. GCCS is an EEO.