After School Group Leader
Global Community Charter School (GCCS) is currently looking for After School Group Leaders for the 2017-2018 school year. GCCS offers a free after school program to our students that runs Monday through Thursday from 4:00 PM - 5:45 PM.
The After School Group Leader is a part-time position and would be excellent for college students who are interested in starting or continuing in the field of education or youth development. Part time hours as an After School Group Leader are: Monday - Thursday from 3:30 pm - 6:15 pm. Employment is conditional based on a successful fingerprint clearance and background check.
- Escorting students from the classroom to the bus
- Picking up students at their classroom for After School Program
- Leading after school sessions with GCCS students
- Maintaining materials and supplies for programming
- Promptly preparing materials for afternoon sessions
- Communicating with parents in the case of any program concerns including lateness
- Taking attendance and ensuring participants are signed out at the end of the day
- Staying with children in case the participant is picked up late
- Creating incident reports when appropriate
- At least 1 year experience working with school-aged children
- Ability to assist with K-5 students' homework
- Warmth, energy and compassion in working with youth
- Monday-Thursday, 3-5:45pm. Monthly Professional Development sessions TBD
- $15 per hour to start
- Afterschool runs from September 2017 - June 2018
- Possibility of employment in our 2018 summer program
Please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to:
Be sure to include the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
GLOBAL COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL is firmly committed to equal employment opportunity. The School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices for all qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability (including AIDS), marital status, military status, citizenship status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Employment decisions at the GLOBAL COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL will be made in a non-discriminatory manner and are based on qualifications, abilities, and merit. This policy governs all aspects of employment at this School including recruitment, hiring, assignments, training, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, compensation, employee benefits, discipline, and other terms and conditions of employment.