After School Group Leader
Global Community Charter School (GCCS) is currently looking for After School Group Leaders for the 2018-2019 school year. The program runs Monday through Thursday from 4:00 PM - 5:45 PM and begins Monday, September 17th.
The After School Group Leader is a part-time position and is an excellent opportunity for college students interested in the field of education or youth development. Part time hours are Monday - Thursday from 3:30 pm - 6:15 pm, with potential for additional projects as needed. All applicants must be cleared to work in a school as evidenced by fingerprint clearance and background check.
- Transition students from their dismissal location to their After School classroom
- Supervise and support homework help
- Plan and lead fun an engaging team-building and enrichment activities
- Maintain materials and supplies for programming
- Communicate with parents at each pick-up
- Take accurate attendance and ensure participants are properly signed out
- Stay with children in case the participant is picked up late
- Document incidents & reports when appropriate
- At least 1 year experience working with school-aged children
- Ability to assist with K-5 students' homework
- Warmth, energy and compassion in working with youth
- Monday-Thursday, 3:30-6:15pm. Monthly Professional Development sessions TBD
- $15 per hour to start
- Afterschool runs from September 2018 - June 2019
- Possibility of employment in our 2019 summer program
Please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to:
Be sure to include the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
GLOBAL COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL is firmly committed to equal employment opportunity. The School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices for all qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability (including AIDS), marital status, military status, citizenship status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Employment decisions at the GLOBAL COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL will be made in a non-discriminatory manner and are based on qualifications, abilities, and merit. This policy governs all aspects of employment at this School including recruitment, hiring, assignments, training, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, compensation, employee benefits, discipline, and other terms and conditions of employment.