Special Education and/or ELL Certified Collaborative Team Co-Teacher (ICT/CTT) Grades K-2 or Grades 3-5
Reporting to the Director of Teaching and Learning, the Special Education and/or ELL Teacher will be responsible for co-teaching a class of 25 students. He or she will collaboratively develop curriculum and activities along with assessments that measure progress toward the academic standards of GCCS. The two Co-Teachers are responsible for establishing and maintaining classrooms where whole group and small group instruction, discussion, projects and cooperative work engage students, keep classes focused and infuse a lasting desire to learn in all.
- Collaboratively plans and implements instructional units which adhere to New York State Learning Standards, Common Core, and International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) philosophy.
- Differentiates instruction for students as integral aspect of planning and teaching.
- Understands Workshop Model in design of instruction.
- As Special Education or ELL certified teacher, ensures that Individualized Education Program (IEP) requirements are taught and evaluated for results.
- Coordinates with co-teacher and other teachers to meet program requirements in English Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science.
- Evaluates and tracks student progress and understands child-development using a variety of assessments fully aligned with instructional outcomes to provide a comprehensive description of students’ abilities and needs and to inform instruction.
- Maintains open communication with parents, starting early in school year, including regular progress reports and demonstrated responsiveness to parent concerns and questions.
- Engages in effective and appropriate classroom management including implementing class and individual expectations and effective follow-up.
- Performs other instructional duties, as deemed appropriate by the Head of School and Directors of Teaching and Learning.
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, and colleagues with an on-going and proactive problem-solving approach.
Qualification, Skills, and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and certification in Early Childhood (birth through Grade 2) and/or Childhood Education (Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 6), and either Special Education or English Language Learner required.
- Minimum of five years of successful, full-time lead teaching experience, preferably in an urban school setting.
- Demonstrated success working with students from educationally underserved areas.
- Bilingual ability in English and Spanish or French, is desired.
- Experience with IB PYP also desired but not essential.
Please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: email@example.com
Be sure to include the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
GLOBAL COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL is firmly committed to equal employment opportunity. The School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices for all qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability (including AIDS), marital status, military status, citizenship status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Employment decisions at the GLOBAL COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL will be made in a non-discriminatory manner and are based on qualifications, abilities, and merit. This policy governs all aspects of employment at this School including recruitment, hiring, assignments, training, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, compensation, employee benefits, discipline, and other terms and conditions of employment.