Global Community Charter School is seeking graduate students for our Fall 2016 Internship program. During the internship period, the Fundraising Intern will learn about allocating resources for educational, youth development, and social/emotional support programs that benefit underserved communities. The Fundraising Intern will hone their skills in fundraising, grant writing, and event planning as well as gain insight into the work of a community-based elementary charter school. We currently have 1 Fundraising Internship opening.
Academic credit may be available as the internship offers direct exposure to the operations of an elementary charter school and after school program, supervision by the COO and interaction with many of our staff, as well as opportunities to participate in presentations and school events.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with collecting success stories, case studies, and best practices
- Assist with grant report and proposal writing
- Conduct research on prospective donors
- Assist with event planning and logistical support
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with educational and support services especially those serving underserved communities
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to conduct research – Internet, databases, etc.
- Interest in grant writing and reporting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Graduate Degree in process)
- Relevant work or volunteer experience
- Experience working in a diverse and fast-paced environment
Fill out our online application.
Please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to:
Be sure to include the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
GLOBAL COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL is firmly committed to equal employment opportunity. The School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices for all qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability (including AIDS), marital status, military status, citizenship status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Employment decisions at the GLOBAL COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL will be made in a non-discriminatory manner and are based on qualifications, abilities, and merit. This policy governs all aspects of employment at this School including recruitment, hiring, assignments, training, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, compensation, employee benefits, discipline, and other terms and conditions of employment.