Elementary Science Teacher
The Science Teacher is responsible for establishing and maintaining a classroom where whole group and small group instruction, discussion, projects and cooperative work engages students, keeps classes focused, and infuses a lasting desire to learn in all.
- Coordinating knowledge of students, instructional content and curricular resources to design differentiated Science units and lesson plans aligned to the NYS Science Learning Standards.
- Differentiates instruction for students as an integral aspect of planning and teaching and understands Workshop Model in the design of instruction.
- Engaging in coaching cycles and implementing research-based strategies that maximize their own performance and that of their students.
- Reflecting on their own progress as educators and seeking out professional resources to continuously improve their practice.
- Managing student behavior and classroom routines to maximize learning time and create a positive classroom environment.
- Actively participating in professional development workshops as laid out in the school and professional development calendars.
- Supporting the school as directed by the Chief Academic Officer and Assistant Chief Academic Officers.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- M.A., Ed.M or Master’s degree in education preferred.
- New York State Certification for relevant grades or demonstrated process towards obtaining certification.
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated success as a full-time elementary classroom teacher.
- Demonstrated success working in a high-performing, urban school setting preferred.
- Evidence of excellence in teaching through continuous learning, reflection and use of data to inform improvements.
GCCS offers salaries that are competitive with the NYC Department of Education and other NYC Charter schools based on experience and qualifications. All GCCS staff receive a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement account with employer match, life insurance and access to other benefits through our Employee Assistance Programs.
Fill out our online application.
Please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
GCCS is committed to diversity and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates in this search. GCCS is an EEO.