Global Community Charter School (GCCS) serves the community of Harlem by providing students in grades K through 5 with a rigorous and inquiry-based education. GCCS teaches students and families to work together across cultural differences in order to encourage students to exhibit the courage and conviction to make a difference.
Global Community Charter School (GCCS) is currently looking for a Security Guard for the 2018-2019 school year. The security guard position is full-time; hours are 9am – 6pm Monday through Friday, and is responsible for ensuring a safe, secure school environment for staff, students & guests that is conducive to learning.
Global Community Charter School – Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcome and greet students, staff, and visitors with courtesy, professionalism and respect.
- Establish a rapport with the students, faculty and staff to provide an atmosphere that is safe, secure and conducive to learning.
- Maintain communication with facilities and operations staff via hand radio at all times
- Control access to the building’s entrances and exits by utilizing the CCTV system.
- Issue verbal trespass warnings to people who are not on school premises for legitimate reasons; call for assistance as needed.
- Report inappropriate activities or unauthorized persons on or around campus to the Operations Manager or COO.
- Escort students to their appropriate location as needed.
- Resolve student conflicts in a safe and professional manner; make referrals to appropriate staff as needed.
- Maintain communication with NYPD 32nd Precinct and assigned youth officers.
- Secure all packages and deliveries to the school and communicate arrivals to the main office for instructions on storage and distribution.
- Supports the Facility Associate with day-to-day operations of the facility including janitorial, life-safety, and general maintenance and helps to ensure these are carried out in a manner consistent with approved practices and procedures.
- Must attain Fire Safety Director Credentials and assume the role of Fire Safety Director for their shift and during all building safety drills. (Training will be provided).
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Must have security license issued by the State of New York.
- Employment is conditional based on a successful fingerprint clearance and background check.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in a security position.
- School experience a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Sitting, standing and/or walking for long periods of time, lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds), reaching, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, moving light furniture and/or equipment, walking several hours per day in hallways and outside.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
GLOBAL COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL is an equal opportunity employer.
Fill out our online application.
Please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to:
Be sure to include the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject of the email.
No telephone inquiries please. GCCS is committed to diversity and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates in this search. GCCS is an EEO.